Friday, June 12, 2009

Visiting cousins






We stayed with my brothers children in May while they celebrated their anniversary in Las Vegas. Kayla and Ricky had so much fun playing with their cousins. They don't get to see each other that much so when they do get together they make the most of it. I took them to a place called Jungle Jim's Playground, which has games to play and some kiddie rides too. Kayla would not go on the rides at first but once she warmed up it was hard to get her off of them. She really loved the ride that went round and round in circles at a pretty fast speed and then stopped and went backwards for a bit. She was so brave, she kept putting her hands up in the air like her cousins. Mason was so cute to sit on the outside because he was the biggest so he didn't want to squish Tanner and Kayla.



We also went to Sugarhouse Park one day. After playing for a while on the playground, we took the kids (Tanner, Kayla, and Ricky) to see the ducks at the pond. We didn't have anything to feed them but that didn't stop them from "charging" us. Tanner and Kayla got pretty scared and Tanner screamed pretty loud. It was funny for me and Rick, but not so much for the kids. Although, they do like to tell the story now about how Uncle Rick/Daddy "kicked the ducks butts" and saved them. Rick was the hero of the day. Wish we had gotten pictures of that but I was too busy shooing ducks and holding Tanner out of harms way. Funny how my role in this was completely forgotten....



It was fun to spend that time with my nephews. We can't wait to see them all again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have a blog! I love it already. Great pics and stories. Also, I wanted to tell you you're known as "Kayla mom" at our house for sure :) And you CAN run 5k. I'll need updates on that one. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete