Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day and Haircuts

Well, Father's Day has come and gone. We started a bit early here at Casa Chavez. We got Rick a new weed whacker for Father's Day and as he does the lawn on Saturday, he got his gift one day early. This turned out to be a good thing. First off, we got a big wind/rain storm Saturday afternoon. Second, Rick got really sick Saturday night and spent all day Sunday in bed. Didn't get to make his breakfast in bed or his special dinner that day. This is all about me, of course, and how it affected me. Okay, just kidding.


Today was another day of firsts for our son, Ricky. We gave him his first haircut. He has beautiful curls that I have just loved. He has had more hair than Kayla ever had her first year. Her second year too, now that I think about it. Kayla's curls have almost completely disappeared now but at least she is getting some length finally. So, back to Ricky and his curls.




I promised Rick when he was born that he could shave his head. Then he had to wear the helmet for a while and we decided to wait until that came off. Then we decided to wait for summer when Rick always shaves his head too. So it finally happened. We shaved my baby's head. As you can see, he didn't think it was too fun. But look at the finished product.





How cute is that? He doesn't even look like the same boy anymore.

On a completely different subject....

Kayla was in the kitchen with me the other day as I was making lunch. She got the broom out and said she needed to clean. So as she was sweeping, I realized she was singing "papa can you hear me?" over and over. I asked her where she learned that and she told me "I saw it on the tv anesterday, remember?" (anesterday means not just yesterday but any other time period other than the present--so it can mean tomorrow or a few minutes or hours ago as well.) I remembered then that we had watched the movie "Yentl" about 3 weeks ago and she remembered the song. She also came up to Rick and I today asking to hear "gotta get get" which is her way of asking for The Black Eyed Peas song "Boom Boom Pow". That's how she remembers it. She is also really into "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga. She shakes that little booty like nobody's business.

2 comments: