Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nightmare Crabs



Kayla had a nightmare a couple nights ago that I thought was worth recording. She woke up at around 12:30 am crying for mom, so I went in to see what was wrong and she said "The crabs is getting me!" To explain this, I'll go back to earlier that day....


We had gone to Walmart to get groceries. She always likes to go to the pet department to see the fish. That day they had in stock some Fiddler Crabs. For those that don't know what these are, they have one really long claw and one tiny claw. This was the first time we had seen these types of crabs but they had some familiar little "normal" crabs there as well. Kayla was fascinated by these.


So she had a dream that crabs were getting her. I explained that the crabs were at the store and not at our house so they couldn't get her. She said, "Oh, okay," then promptly lay back down and went to sleep.


I asked her about the dream the next day and her explanation had me rolling on the floor. I wish I could put it here exactly as she said it but I won't be able to do it justice. She told me that the crabs were gonna get her but just the red ones. The red ones would "pinching" her but not the black ones. The black ones would "tickle tickle tickle" and she proceeded to show me how the black ones would walk on her face, tickling her. Then she went back to elaborate on how the red ones would come after her and "pinching pinching hard and hurt me really too bad." I'm not sure where the red crabs came from as we haven't seen any of those except perhaps Sebastian from the Little Mermaid. Oh well, it was so cute, I had to share.
I showed her these pictures just now and she said, "Holy moly, it's the crabs!" She is a crack up!

1 comment: