Thursday, June 18, 2009

Princess Rock Star and the Firefighter

Rick usually goes to the fire station every Tuesday for his volunteer training and other various tasks. For the last few weeks, the firfighters have been going door to door to get donations for the Christmas decorations that are put up throughout the town. They get all dressed up in uniform and bring out the fire truck. Rick had taken Kayla with him a few times but this past Tuesday, she stayed home with me. They were going to be on our street that night so I left the front door open with the gate up so the kids could watch for him without running up and down the street. When they finally made it to our house, we went out to see and I took some pictures of Rick driving the fire truck.

While we were waiting, Kayla decided she needed to dress up in one of her princess dresses that she got for Christmas last year. She has been doing this almost everyday for the past 2 weeks. It goes in phases for her. She has also been telling us for about a month that she is a rock star. She runs around singing at the top of her lungs for more hours of the day then I care to think about. She has been using whatever she can find as a microphone--hairbrushes, spoons, sippy cups, even her brothers bottles. We finally broke down and bought her a little play Hannah Montana microphone. She was so excited because she loves "Hannah Montama." So, back to my story. We were waiting for Daddy to come by on the firetruck and she is wearing her princess dress. Ricky was playing with the microphone which meant Kayla had to take it away from him because he is not allowed to touch her "stuff." She then put on a little concert for me. She sang her little heart out and was hitting notes worthy of Mariah Carey. Her favorite song to sing is what I simply call "The Rock Star." She sings "I'm a Rock Star" over and over at different decibels and octaves. She has quite a large range for someone so young. Anyway, here are some pictures of my Princess Rock Star. Hope everyone enjoys.


And of course I need to put some pictures of my little man on here. He got stuck in a little organizer that we have. We are going to throw it out though because the kids have ruined it climbing all over it. It was cute when he got stuck in it though. I know I shouldn't laugh but couldn't help it. He didn't cry or anything just sat there patiently waiting for me to get him out.


I know I put alot of pictures this time but can't resist. I'm rather proud of my family. Ricky is famous at our house for falling asleep sitting or even standing up. Lucky he usually has something to keep him from falling as you can see.




4 comments:

  1. Oh, you've got to get your little 'Rock Star' on video and post it! That is SOOO cute! I love listening to children's made-up songs. Count yourself lucky Ricky falls asleep so easily, that is just too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so cute. I love the rock star princess; it sounds like something my 3-year-old would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a rock star princess, good for her. Love the pictures of little Ricky asleep. Janna once feel asleep in her cereal - when she woke up there was a Lucky Charm on her face.

    ReplyDelete