
Hey everyone! I'm so new to this blogging thing that I'm a bit nervous about this. I put both mine and Rick's name on here because I'm hoping he will get proactive and post somedays. We'll see how that goes.
Just to catch anyone up who is interested...
Rick and I met just over 8 years ago in Las Vegas, NV, where we both worked for Wells Fargo Bank. We were friends for a year, then dated for a year, then got married on January 11, 2003. We lived in Las Vegas until February 2005, when we moved back to Salt Lake City, Utah. In December of 2005, we had our first child, Kayla. In April 2007, we moved to Milford, Utah, a small town in the southern part of the state. Rick was offered a position with Wells Fargo Bank as a store manager. He has done fantastic in this position and has impressed his managers with his hard work and determination. He is well known all throughout town, while I am mostly known as "Rick, the bank manager's wife." I don't mind though because I am very proud of him. I am waiting for the day that I become "Kayla's Mom."
In May 2008 we had our second child, Ricky. So now we have one of each and feel very blessed.
Kayla is 3 and a half now. She is preparing to go to preschool this fall. I'm having a hard time being ready for that. She is learning more Spanish all the time and can now count to 6 in Spanish. She is resisting learning the alphabet in Spanish though, not really sure why. She can sing the ABC song really well.
Ricky just turned 1 last month. He started walking at about 10 1/2 months old and can practically run now. He loves to climb on anything that he can reach which has led us to rearranged some of our furniture to avoid broken limbs. He has recently learned to clap and say "AAayyy!" He also says "Bweeee" on the swings at the park.
Rick became a volunteer firefighter a few months ago and he loves it. He recently took and passed his tests to be a Firefighter 2. He has been on a few fires, small wildfires mostly, and he gets really excited when it happens. I get really nervous, but he works with some good people and he is careful so I try not to panic too much.
As for me, I am just enjoying my life as mom and wife. I have recently started running. Well, trying to run. Since I've never really ran at all in my life I'm not so great yet. I keep trying though and slowly I'm finding that I can go just a little bit farther. I want to train for and run a 5k this year. Even if I puke doing it!




Good for you training for a 5K and trying something you haven't done before. It's good to have something for ourselves.
ReplyDelete