Well, we went to the doctor today. We learned that we were a bit off in our calculations thanks to my screwed up body. The doctor did an ultrasound and we learned that I am 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant now. I was about a month off. I thought I was getting near the end of the morning sickness, but I got a ways to go yet. Of course, if this pregnancy is anything like my last one, I'll be sick the whole time. I'm praying for a reprieve! I had a bit of concern with some of my symptoms, so the doctor saw me a little earlier than normal and has said that things look good but that I should take things easy right now, no exercise or strenuous activity. How he expects me to do that with 2 children, I'll never know! I will try hard though. I am grateful for the people surrounding me who are willing to help so much and have made things so much easier so far. Especially my wonderful husband! I could not get through any of this without his support and his care that he is so willing to give. He doesn't complain that the house isn't as clean, he just jumps in where he knows I can't right now and cleans for me. Its a humbling thing and my love for him grows a bit more every day.
So, we saw the baby today for the first time, too. It still has a tail. I had to disappoint Rick and tell him that it did not indicate a well endowed boy, just a tadpole still in development. It was such a relief to see the baby and see the tiny little heart beat and we even heard it too. It is real to me now. There has been a part of me that has felt that maybe I'm a freak who can have 4 positive pregnancy tests and not really be pregnant. My Nervous Nellie nature coming out in full force. Now, I can rest easy, knowing that I am not making up the morning sickness and other symptoms I've been experiencing! I can allow myself to really feel the joy of being pregnant. I can be ecstatic!
November 2019
6 years ago




Here is my official congratulations since it is now official. How exciting! Also, if the kids need to come up here and play, let me know! Take care of yourself and shout if you need anything else :)
ReplyDelete