Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School



Kayla started preschool today at Munchkins, Ink. Preschool. She has been so excited since we took her to orientation a few weeks ago. Every day she has asked if she can go to school. Last night as I tucked her in, she said she was going to see Teacher Cindy and would make a butterfly. I told her I didn't know what she would make but it would be fun. She insisted that she would make a butterfly. Well, there were no butterflies made, but she did practice tracing her name on a paper and she colored a cute picture. She also painted a magnet for me to use to put her pictures on the fridge. She had so much fun. When I picked her up and asked if she had a good time she said, "Yeah, she hit me!" The "she" in question is Teacher Cindy's daughter. I guess they fought over the same toy. I had to work really hard not to laugh at the fact that her fighting was the first thing she had to tell me. She then informed me that she made letters for me but it wasn't finished yet. Not sure what she means by that if anything at all but she mentioned it several times. I'm so proud of what a big girl she is.



She was so excited about school that she barely had time to say goodbye to us before she was off and running. No fear, just ready to have fun!
After school, we went to the park and had a picnic and let the kids play a bit. I'm afraid Kayla thinks that's going to be an everyday thing since we went right after school. Well, I'll have to work really hard to nip that idea in the bud, won't I? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Pre-school has made Tay grow up, too. It's fun seeing her act so grown up; it's also a little sad for this mom.

    ReplyDelete