Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Birthday Fun


Well, my birthday has come and gone for another year. It was pretty uneventful this year but that's okay. I was feeling very uneventful as it turned out and wanted it very low key. The day came with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my amazing husband. He even signed 3 different cards because he had so much to say apparently. I soaked it all up though, I love it! When he came home from work that night, I was quite engrossed in my ironing and just glad to have my kids distracted from interrupting me every 5 seconds so I admit that I didn't really notice when he put shoes on them and ushered them out the door. I'm not sure how long they had been gone when I noticed the quiet and decided to investigate. I went outside thinking they must be in the backyard or something. The car was gone. I called Rick to see where he was and he said that we needed milk and a few things from the store so he went to get it. When he returned home, the kids were not with him. He tried to freak me out by saying he hadn't taken the kids with him but I knew better. He had taken them to a friends house so that we could have some time alone. He then made me chimichangas (yes from scratch) and we got to eat dinner together in peace. He let me go to bed early too. It was a nice way to end my day. The following weekend, we went down to St. George to spend the weekend with Nana Katie and Poppa Roger. Roger had gotten Rick a free ticket to the Nascar Truck Series race down in Vegas on Saturday so the boys went down for the race and my mom and I played with the kids. We went to lunch and did some shopping and I spent way too much money but oh well! It was fun. We swam in Mom's pool for a bit and then just relaxed watching movies. The boys got home around 1:00 am and the next day we packed up and headed home. It was a fun weekend exept for the injury. Kayla wanted to bring her bike down to show Nana and Poppa how good she was at riding. After she was done, I attempted to load the bike back into the back of our Durango. Now, this is a small 2 wheeler with training wheels that you see in the stores for toddlers/small children. It fits in the back of our SUV without a problem. Getting it in, however, was not as easy as Rick made it seem when he loaded it at home. As I put it in the back, I had the handlebars parallel to my head. The rear tire was going in first and it hit the side of the truck and bounced back at me. The handlebars hit me so hard in the head that I saw stars. It hit on the side of my head where my jaw meets my skull just in front of and below my ear. It knocked my jaw sideways and the opposite side got over-extended or something because it hurt me for 2 days. I thought it may be broken but in the end it turned out to be just sore. I talked funny for a couple days.

So that is the birthday adventure. Wonder what is in store next year?

1 comment:

  1. What a great husband!!! How nice that he thought to give you some quality time alone. Glad your injury wasn't serious

    ReplyDelete