So its official! We had our ultrasound yesterday. The baby was so active and moved around alot. Kayla and Ricky came with us and while Ricky was just concerned about me, Kayla was thrilled to see the baby! She talked about it for days beforehand and couldn't handle waiting the entire day yesterday.
ITS A BOY!!!!!!!
We were completely divided in our family on the sex of the baby. Kayla and I thought girl but Ricky and Daddy both said boy. The boys won out! He is a very proud boy too! I don't have pictures to put on here right now because our scanner is still in the garage in a box. I'll work on that though.
As I said, he is a very active baby. Kayla was a stretcher and I constantly felt like she was trying to push out my belly button. I even told the doctor that and she ended up coming via C-section. Teach them not to listen to me! :) Ricky was my kickboxer. He kicked and punched me all the time. Sometimes still does! :) This baby is my tumbler! The first week that I felt him move, I told Rick that I felt as though my uterus had grown its own axis and was rotating. He did this during the ultrasound as well, constantly rolling and turning away. Except when it came time to see the boy parts. These he displayed proudly! :)
We have decided on the name Samuel Moroni Chavez. Samuel because we had decided on Samantha for a girl and we liked the idea of Sammy so much we decided to keep it for a boy as well. Plus, when my brother, Bryce, was 5 or 6, he decided to change his name and wrote "Sam" on all his school papers for a few weeks. So its to honor him as well. Moroni comes from two sources. The first being Rick's baby brother who died in infancy. His name was Moroni and we chose to honor him by selecting this name. The second is a historical spiritual figure from our church. More than one "hero" possesses the name Moroni. They were great men who brought about great things in the name of Jesus Christ and what an honor for our son to carry this name.
The really fun part of yesterday was that it was also Rick's birthday. He turned 3lshfoehrf...... ;)
It was such a fun thing to give him for his birthday, a look at his newest boy. Sammy didn't disappoint his Daddy, he even gave him a Mexican hello! For those not familiar with this, the comedian George Lopez coined this phrase in his stand up act. Its what Mexicans do when they see each other. They don't wave or say hello out loud. They merely look at each other and throw their heads back in a quick salute. It was so cute to see our boy do this a couple times. He was showing his roots!
Kayla was extremely disappointed when she found out it was a boy but she is coming around now that we have told her she will be the only Princess.
We love you, Sammy! Can't wait to hold and kiss you!
November 2019
6 years ago




We are SO excited for you! I really enjoyed reading this post! BTW- the first two songs are my favorite- I used them on a DVD I made with pics of Ethan and Will. We can't wait to meet your "Beautiful Boy"! :)
ReplyDelete