Thursday, September 9, 2010

1st Day of Preschool


Here she is, all grown up! Okay so not ALL grown up but looking more grown up all the time. She was so excited to wear this outfit to school because of the scarf. She thinks her scarf is the greatest thing ever and even tried to put it back on today. I will have to get her one for play time or this one will get ruined!



She had a new teacher this year and it was hard for her to get used to the idea. This is her 2nd year of preschool because her birthday is in December so she missed the deadline for starting this year. She will rule her class as one of the older kids though, ;). Turns out, her teacher is pretty nice, she even gave her a hug. She was nervous the couple of days leading up to school and had been asking me if I would stay with her at school. Turns out, I didn't need to. Once again, when she got there, she was in familiar surroundings and didn't even notice I was in the room.

Ricky, was probably as excited as Kayla for this day. I think he thought he was going to school. He insisted on carrying his Buzz Lightyear (or Blightear, as he calls him) backpack and threw a fit when it was time to leave. He screamed most of the way home, making me carry him which was hard on this prego! It was a hard few minutes of screaming after we got home too. Oh well, he was happy with balloons after a bit. Its nice to know I won't have a problem getting him to go to preschool next year. And he was thrilled to see his sister when we picked her up. We went to KB (local convenience store) and got the kids corndogs and candy for lunch as a special treat and had a picnic in the backyard.

All in all, a successful first day and a good start to a fun year for my big girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment