Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ricky's birthday




This is a bit late but I wanted to get a post up about Ricky's 2nd birthday. It was on May 5th. We celebrated that day with some close friends and a cake. Ricky really loved blowing out his candle. He got some really fun toys, including a new potty since he has become fascinated with going potty lately. The next Saturday, we went bowling as a family for the first time for the kids. It was so much fun to watch both kids learn how to bowl, and they did so good, they beat Mom. With bumpers and everything. It was such a fun day for us.
I just wanted to take a second and tell you all what a wonderful boy Ricky is. He came into the world on May 5, 2008. After a 20 hour labor, his Daddy was able to deliver him (with help from the doctor). He was such a big baby, too! And so beautiful! We took him home the next day, but unfortunately, we ended up having to admit him back into the hospital for high bilirubin levels. For those that don't know, that meant he was extremely jaundiced. He had to lay under "bili-lights" for 2 days. That was the hardest thing I've had to do. After he came home, he thrived. He was such a big eater and he grew so fast! He was eating solid foods at around 2-3 months old because formula just wasn't enough. He has been quite an advanced baby, sitting up early, walking early and even talking early and holding conversations before he even turned 2. He has been mostly an easy child, content to be left alone to play as long as his sister is around. He adores his "Sissy"and follows her around all the time. They are extremely protective of each other. Recently, Ricky has started to initiate telling us "I luh you" on his own without us telling him first and it usually accompanies a hug. He is a very affectionate boy and loves to hug and cuddle his mom and dad. He adores his Daddy too and has started to try doing what he sees Daddy doing around the house and yard. He tells me he is going to work several times a day, too.







Ricky, I love you so much! You are so smart and funny. I love to see your face light up when you learn something new. I love to watch you tag along after your sister and reach up to hold her hand. I love your sweet smile and the way you say, "Hi, Mom!" when I walk into a room. And when you put your little head on my shoulder and wrap your arms around my neck, I feel 10 feet tall. You are an amazing son and I am so blessed to be your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment